Tuscaloosa City Area – Tuscaloosa Magnet School
Shelter located outside the school on the Campus Drive E side. To access, enter through Campus Drive E and park in front of the white building (the Shelter) to the left.
This shelter will only be open to the public if certain severe weather conditions happen during non-school hours. In the event of certain severe weather conditions, information will be posted on the City’s website.
City of Tuscaloosa Contact Number – 205-248-5311 during business hours.
Shelter rules per Tuscaloosa City Schools:
- Certified Service Animals only are Permitted
- Certified Service animals are allowed but owners are encouraged to restrain the dog (with leash and muzzle) as long as it doesn't interfere with their work.
- Certified Service Animals will be excluded from the safe room if they exhibit dangerous or disruptive behavior.
- Certified Service Animals should be vaccinated as appropriate
- Shelter and utilized areas must be kept clean and any waste must be cleaned, disinfected, and disposed of properly.
- No reptiles, fish, hamsters, cats, or insects are allowed.
For safety reasons, those violating these rules may be asked to leave.
- The number of people entering the building will be recorded.
- Individuals can bring games, prescription medications, flashlights, phone chargers (limited plugs).
- No weapons, smoking, or alcohol is allowed.
- Water fountains, restrooms and chairs/desk for sitting are available.
- A Tuscaloosa Police officer and First Aid kit will be located in shelter.
- Tuscaloosa Police Department will be in charge during the event.
- Doors will be locked and individuals must stay inside when weather outside becomes unsafe.
- State, Federal, and health laws and rules will be followed.
**Until COVID-19 protocols are lifted, water fountains will not be available.**