Tuscaloosa City Area – Alberta School of Performing Arts
Back to Map
Shelter located inside the school. To access it, enter through the front door.
This shelter will only be open to the public if certain severe weather conditions happen during non-school hours. In the event of certain severe weather conditions, information will be posted on the City’s website.
City of Tuscaloosa Contact Number – 205-248-5311 during business hours.
Shelter rules per Tuscaloosa City Schools:
- Certified Service Animals only are Permitted
- Certified Service animals are allowed but owners are encouraged to restrain the dog (with leash and muzzle) as long as it doesn't interfere with their work.
- Certified Service Animals will be excluded from the safe room if they exhibit dangerous or disruptive behavior.
- Certified Service Animals should be vaccinated as appropriate
- Shelter and utilized areas must be kept clean and any waste must be cleaned, disinfected, and disposed of properly.
- No reptiles, fish, hamsters, cats, or insects are allowed.
For safety reasons, those violating these rules may be asked to leave.
- The number of people entering the building will be recorded.
- Individuals can bring games, prescription medications, flashlights, and phone chargers (limited plugs).
- No weapons, smoking, or alcohol is allowed.
- Water fountains, restrooms, and chairs/desks for sitting are available.
- A Tuscaloosa Police officer and First Aid kit will be located in the shelter.
- Tuscaloosa Police Department will be in charge during the event.
- Doors will be locked and individuals must stay inside when the weather outside becomes unsafe.
- State, Federal, and health laws and rules will be followed.