The Alabama Yellow Dot Program, administered by the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs (ADECA), assists people of Alabama who are involved in an automobile accident or an emergency affecting the participant’s vehicle. It alerts first responders at the scene of critical medical information that could save a life. The program is the first of its kind in Alabama.
Those taking part in the program will receive a decal, folder and form to provide key information including name, photo, medical information, and history. Participants will store this information in their vehicle’s glove compartment, and the Yellow Dot decal will indicate to first responders to look for the Yellow Dot information. Locating this will help first responders communicate with the patients’ emergency contacts, as well as help expedite treatment of the patient by rapidly accessing critical information when patients may be unable to communicate for themselves.
Local Enrollment Stations:
- Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office, 714 1/2 Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa, 205-752-0416
- Focus on Senior Citizens, 1920 6th Street, Tuscaloosa, 205-758-3393
- Tuscaloosa Police Department, 3801 Mill Creek Avenue, Tuscaloosa, 205-248-4830
- Lake View Police Department, 22765 Central Park Drive, Lake View, 205-477-1289
- Caring Days, 943 31st Street E, Tuscaloosa, 205-752-6840
- United Way, 2720 6th Street, Tuscaloosa, 205-345-6640
- Northport Fire & Rescue, 3500 McFarland Blvd., Northport, 205-333-3020
- Northport Police Department, 3721 26th Ave, Northport, 205-333-3013