Awareness Week Family Activities
October 4, 2017
The week of October 8-14 is an important one to remember - it is both Fire Prevention Week and Community Policing Week here in Tuscaloosa County. Tuscaloosa Fire and Rescue Service and the Tuscaloosa Police Department have worked hard to create several community events fun for the whole family for that week. Read below to find out what is going on in town:
Fire Prevention Week - October 8-14
October is National Fire Prevention Month, and locally we are celebrating Fire Prevention Week with a full five days of activities sponsored by Tuscaloosa Fire and Rescue Service. Fire Prevention Week is designed to alert you and your family to different ways of preventing fires in and around your home.
- October 9 - Fire Prevention Expo with demos, free food, and photo ops. Station 4, 4-6 PM
- October 10 - Open House at all Fire Stations
- October 11 - Smoke Alarm Blitz at Skyland Park 2-5 PM
- October 12 - World of Work at Shelton State Community College
- October 13 - World of Work and Smoke Alarm Sign Up at Tuscaloosa Lowes
For more information on Fire Prevention Week or any activities, contact Tuscaloosa Fire and Rescue Service at 205-248-5420.
Community Policing Week 2017 - October 9-13
Police officers are essential members of our communities. Community Policing Week is focused on restoring and maintaining relationships for the overall good of our communities and celebrating law enforcement and the essential roles they play. This week will serve as a platform to strengthen the relationships between law enforcement and the communities they serve.
- October 9 - Egg and Conversation Breakfast - McDonald Hughes Center 8:30 AM
- October 11 - Police and Kids Day Reading Initiative - Tuscaloosa City and County School Systems
- October 12 - Movie Release Concerning Community Issues - Central High School 6:30 PM
For more information about Community Policing Week, contact the Tuscaloosa Police Department by calling 205-349-2121 or see this article.